Farm Forward implements innovative strategies to promote conscientious food choices, reduce farmed animal suffering, and advance sustainable agriculture.
We pursue this work by:
- Promoting agriculture that combines the best in traditional husbandry and animal welfare science by increasing the market share of more humane, sustainable family farms.
- Eliminating the worst practices in factory farming.
- Advocating an acute reduction in the consumption of factory-farmed meat, fish, eggs, and dairy by encouraging conscientious consumer decisionmaking.
- Supporting interdisciplinary research and undergraduate teaching about the cultural significance of animals and animal agriculture.
- Stimulating the production of essays, books, films, and religious activities that raise awareness about the problems in animal agriculture and the deeper cultural issues behind them.
Join our mailing list to receive updates that will keep you involved with our nation’s most exciting and promising efforts to transform the way we eat.